- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 04/29/2021
- Website: isee.ai
- Company Address: 501 Massachusetts Avenue , Cambridge, MA 02139
About ISEEDeveloper of an artificial intelligence platform designed to automate vehicle systems.
The Test Engineering Manager will lead and drive the outcomes and efficiency of the testing team and processes. This role will be accountable for ultimately driving the testing effort and ensure the execution and completion of any test plans. The Test Engineering Manager will collaborate with product, systems, and development teams to create, administer and track testing plans and data, all in order to understand testing requirements, progress and blockers.
Testing Procedures and Outcomes: Organize testing requirements into test plans in collaboration with other teams and document testing procedures processes, while driving completion of required testing by guiding and managing the testing team. Communicate test results to development teams and management, and facilitate resolving of technical issues.Collaborate with the larger team of Autonomy engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and working across multiple projects simultaneously.
Optimization of Testing Workflow: Develop strategies to improve testing efficiency and continuous testings/releases. Provide a framework to enable traceability between product requirements, functional specifications and test cases.
Safety and Quality Assurance: Develop standard operating procedure and safety protocols for testing engineers and safety drivers. Develop comprehensive test scenarios and validate the consistency between simulation and field testing. Track and report major metrics/KPIs for evaluation of autonomous systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics
- Understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in testing/validating complex systems, involving 2+ years in some related autonomy technologies
- Minimum of 3+ years managing a team of at least 5 direct reports
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, and Git)
- Experience with Linux and programming (Python, Bash/Shell) is an added advantage
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading a small team preferred
- Ability to onboard, train and ramp up additional team members
- Ability and willing to travel to work with testing engineers across multiple testing sites