- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 06/09/2021
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 38 Cameron Ave, Suite 200, , Cambridge, MA 02140
About TiveTake surprises out of your supply chain.
WHAT WE DO & HOW WE DO IT:
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Tive is looking for a Senior Shipper/Receiver who will work closely with operations to promptly receive in material from suppliers, pick, pack and ship orders to customers and support inventory management. Additional activities may include supporting our returns and refurbishment process. Attention to detail and hustle is an absolute requirement to succeed at this role.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Utilize internal tools to view/manage sales orders.
- Receive incoming/returned products and unpack, verify, and refurbish.
- Use FedEx Ship Manager (or UPS, DHL) to prepare packing lists, shipping labels, import/export documents, and schedule pickups.
- Track shipments and resolve delays with carriers (e.g. FedEx).
- Call or email carriers, brokers, and internal staff.
- Obtain quotes to determine lowest cost routing for domestic and international shipments
- Maintain and coordinate stock in remote depots with overseas partners.
- Able to lift boxes up to 50 pounds (2-35 pounds normally)
- Experience with international brokerage
- Experience with shipping & customs forms (Latin America, Europe, & Asia)
- Shipping of dangerous materials (lithium ion batteries)
- Working with 3PL partners
- Inventory management experience
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.