- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 38 Cameron Ave, Suite 200, , Cambridge, MA 02140
About TiveTake surprises out of your supply chain.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
Marketing Programs Manager
Why this job is important:
The Marketing Programs Manager will be responsible for managing programs to drive demand for our Global Sales team and key product offerings. This person will execute flawless campaigns that generate awareness, create pipeline, and help accelerate deal cycles. The Manager, Marketing Programs will be responsible for creating a strategy to hit various sales and marketing goals, utilizing a mix of email marketing, account-based marketing, webinars, and much more. The ideal candidate is someone who can be both strategic and tactical, has experience working with complex sales teams to support their goals, and is an excellent written and verbal communicator.
A typical day might include:
• Developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns to support product launches and drive lead generation
• Creating targeted programs to reach top-tier accounts, select industries, or key personas based on the priorities of the sales team and the business
• Collaborating with sales leaders to strategize the best way to meet goals and jointly monitor results
• Project managing large-scale initiatives across several teams to ensure on-time and high-quality work
• Researching marketing best practices and integrating them into Tive marketing efforts
• Working cross-functionally with other members of the marketing team and managing core demand generation functions.
This role may be a fit for you if you have: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or Communications. At least 4 years experience in a marketing role (at a B2B SaaS company a plus). Experience running account-based marketing campaigns, email campaigns, and webinar campaigns. Experience using a CMS such as Webflow a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to analytical skills. Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlinesExperience managing events, trade shows. Ability to thrive as a self-starter and work in a start-up/office setting. Must be comfortable working with global stakeholders to drive results.
Bonus points for: Logistics or supply chain experience. Photoshop/Adobe Suite. Hubspot training. SFDC training
• Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
• Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
• Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
• Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
• Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.