- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 09/08/2021
- Website: linksquares.com
- Company Address: 1 Lincoln Street 28th Floor , Boston, MA 02111
About LinkSquaresThe AI-Powered Contract Analytics Cloud
LinkSquares is looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to join the growing Legal Team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Senior Commercial Counsel will be responsible for the drafting and negotiation of all of the company’s commercial contracts. As the Legal Team’s second hire, the Senior Commercial Counsel will have the opportunity to develop with the company and help influence the way the Legal Team supports the Revenue side of the business.
Within this role, you have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our product playing a dual role as our internal legal counsel and as a customer of our product. At LinkSquares, our AI-powered, end-to-end contract management and analytics platform takes the manual, time-consuming, tedious tasks out of the contracting process. With LinkSquares, legal teams save time, cut costs, and improve business outcomes.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a desire to build a team and establish processes to help facilitate the massive growth and rapid expansion the company is experiencing.
- Draft, negotiate, review and provide business-oriented legal advice on a wide variety of commercial agreements across all business functions, including inbound and outbound SaaS agreements, technology license and partnership agreements, data processing agreements, vendor/procurement agreements, marketing agreements, consultant agreements and NDAs
- Provide legal support for issues in a broad range of areas such as go-to-market, intellectual property, employment, privacy, product development, corporate governance and commercial disputes
- Collaborate with business groups to provide legal support and guidance regarding the development and implementation of new offerings, programs and business initiatives
- Translate legal issues into relevant business risks and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice that appropriately balances legal risks with business needs
- Assist in the ongoing development of legal resources such as templates, playbooks and training materials, and the optimization of legal processes and systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- J.D. and admitted to at least one state bar
- 10-15 years of experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements
- A minimum of 6 years working in-house, preferably at a high-growth tech company
- Experience building out a legal support infrastructure in a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Ability to concisely identify and communicate complex legal issues to non-legal stakeholders
- A service-oriented attitude toward providing advice to internal and external stakeholders