- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/08/2021
- Website: isee.ai
- Company Address: 501 Massachusetts Avenue , Cambridge, MA 02139
About ISEEDeveloper of an artificial intelligence platform designed to automate vehicle systems.
ISEE is seeking a Principal Testing Engineer to join our team. This Principal Testing Engineer will be focused on building our approach, processes and tools for testing our software offline and off-board the Autonomous Vehicle. ISEE has a strong demand and funding to implement a number of different offline approaches to test software, ensuring robust and efficient test coverage. This person will organize those efforts and build/buy/integrate processes and tools to enable our software and test teams to quickly evaluate new software to objective requirements with “the click of a button”, without the need for a vehicle.
What You’ll Do
- Be the company expert on offline testing modalities, leading our efforts to ensure we have robust, efficient and accurate offline and simulation testing.
- Ensure the development of simulation-based testing methodologies that improve testing efficiency
- Ensure ISEE has the offline testing tools to Validate and Verify software facing requirements, ensuring acceptance tests via well-structured test design, plans and test analysis by working with software, systems and test engineering teams
- Identify, implement and communicate better offline testing that can help ISEE move faster
- Perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and deploy corrective actions and debugging for offline testing tools
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to develop offline testing capabilities to be used by systems, software and autonomy engineering teams in development and release environments, including but not limited to, log playback, human baseline, virtual simulation (including Unreal Engine), parametric model based simulation, unit testing
- Analyze and evaluate simulated and real-world driving data. Measure performance relative to system requirements and identify trends
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer/Software/Systems/Robotics Engineering, Master’s preferred
- 10+ years of experience in validation, verification and reliability testing in Simulation of consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries.
- Deep understanding of robotics and autonomous software systems.
- Data analysis skills (e.g. using Python, SQL, R, MATLAB, or similar), including using large datasets
- Experience with simulation and modeling of physical hardware/software systems
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools (esp. Jira)
- Experience with Python, C++, Linux, Labview, Matlab, Git, GSuite, Slack and AWS
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interview, onboard, train and ramp up additional team members
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50%) to work with testing, software and autonomy engineers across multiple sites
Interested in significantly improving an important industry in your lifetime? Come join us at ISEE as we change the yard industry with autonomy and robotics.