- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/08/2021
- Website: isee.ai
- Company Address: 501 Massachusetts Avenue , Cambridge, MA 02139
About ISEEDeveloper of an artificial intelligence platform designed to automate vehicle systems.
ISEE is seeking a Staff Testing Engineer to join our team. This Staff Testing Engineer will be focused on building the processes, templates and tools our test teams will use in testing our software and hardware. This person will be responsible for the framework and tooling used to create and manage test scenarios, test plans, test procedures and test results. They will also be responsible for the tools and process for tracking issues found in testing and in customer operations. The Staff Testing Engineer will own the process for our development and release testing, working closely with DevOps, Systems Engineering and Technical Program Managers . The role will begin as an individual contributor but has the potential to grow into a leadership role if demand and skill exist.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the processes and tools engineers and specialists use to create scenarios, test plans, test procedures and test reports
- Mentor junior test engineers to become efficient and accurate test engineers
- Own the implementation of DMAIC to all testing processes, and shepard lean and six-sigma projects throughout the organization
- Act as a tech lead on the team to coordinate execution and own test project execution & successful results.
- Provide tools and guidance to collect metrics against each criterion.
- Research, recommend and implement tools for Test Management, Test Reporting, Test Automation, etc
- Own test capacity planning
- Analyze and identify gaps in test coverage.
- Collaborate with developers to find proper solutions to catch issues in earlier development cycles.
- Automate manual testing operations to accelerate productivity and improve accuracy.
- Drive requirements and development of test management and reporting tools.
- Define and track test metrics, leveraging continuous integration pipelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer/Software/Systems/Robotics Engineering, Master’s preferred
- 10+ years of experience in validation, verification and reliability test development of consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or related industries.
- Deep understanding of robotics and automotive systems and testing including embedded compute, wiring, dynamic systems and controls, sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems in prototype and production environments.
- Lean and 6-sigma certifications preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings/CAD and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interview, onboard, train and ramp up additional team members
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 50%) to work with testing engineers across multiple testing sites, including international travel
Interested in significantly improving an important industry in your lifetime? Come join us at ISEE as we change the yard industry with autonomy and robotics.