- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/08/2021
- Website: machinemetrics.com
- Company Address: 47 Pleasant St, Suite 2-S, Northampton, MA 01060
About MachineMetricsDeveloper of an industrial IoT platform designed to offer production monitoring software for the manufacturing industry.
MachineMetrics, a leader in IoT platforms for machines, is seeking a Customer Success Manager to join their Customer Operations Team.
Customer Success Managers are responsible for making sure that our customers get the MOST and the BEST out of our product. There is significant opportunity in this position to design best practices that impact the entire company. We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few.
Please note: This is not a customer service position. This is more similar to an account executive or business advisor in a manufacturing plus hi-tech environment. The focus and emphasis are not just on making our points of contacts happy, but on guiding them towards measurable successes in their business.
What you can expect to do:
- Be the primary contact and advocate for our customers
- Become an expert in MachineMetrics and the trusted advisor to each of our customers
- Become an expert in our customers’ manufacturing processes, and identify opportunities where machine data can help improve operations
- Onboard new enterprise customers and manage their implementation
- Work with the product team to guide the product roadmap and prioritize issues
- Work with the sales team to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities and help drive them to close
- Help drive customer references and case studies
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers
- Create customer training assets, adapt existing customer training assets, and work with product marketing to refine existing and create new customer education assets
- Collaborate with other team members to plan and execute on customer events, live trainings, and other experiences
What we will expect from you:
- Manufacturing industry experience - required
- At least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment and experience in Customer Success for a software company, OR 4+ years experience as a Customer Success Manager for manufacturing software
- Enterprise Customer Success or Account Management Experience
- Proven ability to develop and manage deep relationships within enterprise organizations.
- Experience uncovering business problems and driving solutions and value across the organization.
- Own customer renewals and work closely with Account Executives, Value Engineers, and Customer Account Managers to identify opportunities to expand within our customers
- Clear and articulate communication (written and verbal) skills and the ability to effectively facilitate a productive conversation
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- You consider project management a strength and have experience leveraging internal resources and stakeholders to execute against deadlines within a complex organization
- Phenomenal organizational skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Travel to customer sites to work onsite with the team to build relationships and drive value
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and any additional documents required to travel domestically or internationally without restriction
Bonus if you have:
- Six Sigma certification or any training in Lean manufacturing
- Fluency in other languages, Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Hubspot
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive, regularly benchmarked salary
- Meaningful stock options
- Full suite of medical and wellness benefits, including comprehensive EAP
- On-going opportunities for learning and career development
- Time off allowances for training and career development, volunteer work and regular Wellness Days, in addition to generous Paid Time Off and company holidays
- Biweekly work-from-home stipend and the freedom to spend it on your set up or WFH needs however you see fit
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn’t sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. You can help us make our mark on the world by making our partners’ factory floors more productive, profitable, and let's just say it: happier.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. You’ll do well here if you can self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for mentorship. Our team is committed to making an awesome product that will help our customers see serious improvements.
MachineMetrics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate it and allow it to enrich our people, our products and our community. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.