- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 11/25/2021
- Website: numerated.com
- Company Address: 265 Franklin St, 11th Floor , Boston, MA 02110
About NumeratedNumerated makes business banking easy. Ask about PPP loan and forgiveness automation for banks and credit unions!
We’re looking for a driven, communicative senior or Principal Engineer with solid Python and backend engineering skills, with a deep understanding of what it takes to build ambitious and innovative professional software both from a code quality and architectural design perspective.
Essential Responsibilities /
- Deliver full-stack capabilities in our modern, developer-driven tech stack: Python / Postgres / Angular (70% Python, 30% React)
- Consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability
- Act as a leader / mentor to the more junior team members
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories to be delivered and shipped each sprint
- Be a technical leader for product features, helping ensure that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle achieving scalable solutions for our customer base
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the technical ecosystem
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables by authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Exemplify the principles behind Scrum and the Agile Manifesto in all interactions
Education Requirements /
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other technical related degree or equivalent experience required
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Math, or other technical related degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements /
- 8+ years of software development with demonstrated expertise in Python.
- 4+ years of experience in large scale AWS based software design and development.
- Proven ability to independently conceive and develop innovative architectures through to completion.
- Demonstrated experience migrating legacy platforms to the cloud.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create diagrams, charts and graphs to convey concepts both to engineering staff and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Experience with Federated Identity Management (FIM) and Single Sign On (SSO) highly desired.
- Experience in a true CI/CD environment.
Numerated is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company powering digital transformation at banks. The platform makes originating bank products exceptionally easy by using data to remove work otherwise required from customers and lenders. Numerated works with over 100 banks and credit unions and has decisioned nearly $20 billion in lending. The Numerated platform was originally incubated inside one of the highest volume SBA banks in the country before spinning out of the bank in a high-profile round of venture capital financing. Investors include Patriot Financial Partners, FINTOP Capital, Hyperplane, and Venrock, one of the world’s leading venture capital firms with prior investments in Apple, DoubleClick, Endeca, and Intel. Numerated was recently recognized as one of the fastest growing fintechs in the world on CB Insights' "2020 Fintech 250" list, was named “2020’s Best Overall FinTech Software” by FinTech Breakthrough, and named “2020’s Most Innovative Industry Partner” by Barlow Research.
Our great people are at the heart of our company and key to our success. As a mostly remote workforce, we’re looking for more smart, driven, and down-to-earth Numerators to join our rapidly growing team. Our culture is open and flexible; our benefits range from 401(k) to care packages arriving at your house; and while we’re making a serious impact on banks, we always have time for witty puns and good laughs.
If you are interested in joining a collaborative team, working on pioneering technology, in an exciting phase of company growth – apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.