- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: softroboticsinc.com
- Company Address: 51 Moulton St, Cambridge, MA, 01238
About Soft RoboticsSoft Robotics is an OEM supplier of our SuperPick and mGrip platform of technologies which enable the automation of products in markets such as food & beverage, manufacturing, e-commerce, logistics and reverse logistics.
To be a leader in a growing industry, you have to build the best team. We’re looking for a Software Intern, to join our world class software team. In this important role, you’ll participate in R&D and Product Development activities. The ideal candidate will be interested in designing and implementing robotic systems. They will also have experience with C++ or C and in one or more of the following areas: perception, computer vision, manipulation, machine learning, ROS, etc.
The Summer of 2022 Internship is for three (3) months. All grades welcome including Masters students who can commit to M-F and 40 hours.
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience with C/C++;
- Comfortable developing software in a Linux environment;
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of documentation;
- Great team player who enjoys both independent work and projects that include other colleagues;
- Sense of humor.
Preference with be given to candidates with:
- Understanding of robot manipulation challenges, including sensors, perception, kinematics, motion planning, and controls;
- Prior experience with robotic manipulation and grasping in unstructured environments;
- Experience with OpenCV;
- Experience with ROS.