- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 38 Cameron Ave, Suite 200, , Cambridge, MA 02140
About TiveTake surprises out of your supply chain.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
Tive is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. This role will report to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for month/quarter end close, account reconciliations, and compliance with GAAP standards. You will be hands-on, understand accounting operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you! This is a great opportunity that will allow for career growth as the company continues to expand.
What you'll focus on:
- Owning accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition, payroll, and monthly close.
- Leading month-end close process and financial statement reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP by establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Completing a sales tax compliance project; implement sales tax management software and develop processes for ongoing compliance.
- Tracking and managing compliance with federal, state and local tax and legal requirements for a growing remote workforce.
- Evaluating current accounting processes to implement enhancements, improve automation, and design controls.
- Advanced knowledge of NetSuite.
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Love for automating processes via technology.
- Strong sense of ownership of all things accounting.
- International expansion experience.
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.