- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 38 Cameron Ave, Suite 200, , Cambridge, MA 02140
About TiveTake surprises out of your supply chain.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Tive is looking for an experienced Data Science Engineer that revels in the challenge of applying data science to a wide array of tasks and projects. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record working with and mentoring a team of data scientists and software engineers while continuing to be a strong individual contributor. In this role, you and your team will build a large scale data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management. As the first full-time data science hire, you will have a significant impact on how we use data science at Tive.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Proven experience in software engineering leadership positions
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying data science driven products and integrating them with existing mission critical systems.
- Demonstrated success with machine learning in a SaaS or Cloud environment, with hands–on knowledge of model creation and deployments in production at scale
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka
- Ability to evaluate the best tools and technologies to use to build our data science solutions and infrastructure
- Strong desire to teach, learn, and collaborate with the team
- Strong abstraction and design skills
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C# and Python
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Experience working with large streaming time series datasets
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience with AWS hosting environments and DevOps
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes to build containerized applications
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.