- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 56 Roland St, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, US
About TiveTive in-transit visibility solutions help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
WHAT WE DO & HOW WE DO IT:
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Tive is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that enjoys working on different aspects of software infrastructure and devops and revels in the challenge of tackling a wide array of tasks and projects. Our ideal candidate is driven with great attention to detail and has the ability to work comfortably across all of our cloud infrastructure. As part of your role you will help to scale a large data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Proven experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and DevOps
- Experience building secure multi-tier web applications
- Experience configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems such as TeamCity
- Proficiency with databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C#
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes to build containerized applications
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate with the team
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience building scalable multi-region applications
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka
- Experience configuring software monitoring tools such as DataDog and CloudWatch
- Proficiency using configuration management tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Strong abstraction and design skills
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.