- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 56 Roland St, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, US
About TiveTive in-transit visibility solutions help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Did you know over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, and stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive on time and in full.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Tive is looking for an experienced Software QA Engineer that takes pride in setting the bar high when it comes to quality throughout the software development process. Our ideal candidate is driven with great attention to detail and has the ability to plan and implement automated test suites from the ground up to improve overall product quality. As part of your role you will become a product expert and will work closely with developers to provide early feedback on new features and functionality.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Proven experience planning, building, and executing manual and automated test plans
- Experience testing REST APIs using tools such as Ready API
- Experience building system UI tests using programming languages such as TypeScript and frameworks such as Cypress
- Experience building unit and workflow tests using programming languages such as C#
- Excellent ability to identify risks, issues, and potential defects in all aspects of the software stack
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of QA testing software, QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Familiarity with multi-tier web applications using frameworks such as ASP.NET Core and Angular
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Knowledge of automated build systems (CI/CD) such as TeamCity
- Experience working with Customer Support teams to troubleshoot and recreate customer issues
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.