- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 56 Roland St, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, US
About TiveTive in-transit visibility solutions help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Did you know over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, and stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive on time and in full.
Tive is looking for an experienced data scientist to help lead our company in its next phase of growth. Tive collects millions of records of geo-spatial time series data every day, and we are expecting a large increase in data volume over 2022. The data team at Tive is responsible for turning these massive data sets into actionable insights for our customers.
As a data scientist in our team, you will use machine learning and statistics to build predictive models aimed at ensuring that every shipment sent with Tive arrives on time and in full. Data Science is a relatively new team at Tive and moves at a fast pace. We are looking for someone already experienced in the entire life cycle of a data science project, from proof of concept development to production. Candidate must have prior industry data science experience.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to validate results
- Ability to turn data science results into actionable business insights
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Knowledge of a wide range of supervised and unsupervised algorithms
- Experience in a multi-dimensional data environment
- Hands on experience running ML algorithms in AWS or similar cloud technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Must be able to legally work in U.S. without needing sponsorship. Tive is not able to sponsor U.S. visas at this time
- Experience with geo-spatial and/or time series data
- Experience working with large, streaming datasets
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Prior experience building forecasting models from multivariate data
- Bayesian analysis skills
- Advanced degree or work experience equivalent in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical field
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.