- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 56 Roland St, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, US
About TiveTive in-transit visibility solutions help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Did you know over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, and stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive on time and in full.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Tive is looking for an experienced Software Engineer that enjoys working on different aspects of software development and revels in the challenge of tackling a wide array of tasks and projects. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record working with and mentoring a team of full stack software engineers while continuing to be a strong individual contributor. In this role, you and your team will build a large scale data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED:
- Proven experience in software engineering positions
- Experience with multi-tier web application development
- Experience with AWS hosting environments and DevOps
- Strong desire to learn, teach, and collaborate with the team
- Strong abstraction and design skills
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C#
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL Server and Postgres
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Open to hybrid or full time in our Charlestown office
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka
- Experience building secure web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular
- Experience using Docker to build containerized applications
- Experience working with Data Scientists to bring business insights to the product
- Experience working with Customer Success to troubleshoot and correct customer issues
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.