- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: vespermems.com
- Company Address: 77 Summer Street, Floor 8, Boston, Massachusetts 02110, US
About VesperAt Vesper, our mission is to deliver voice-powered products to every market, around the world. Our revolutionary piezoelectric mems microphone technology ensures our microphones are immune to dust, water, solder flux vapors and other similar environmental contaminants. As if that weren’t enough, our game-changing zero-power listening technology enables end consumers to have battery-powered devices that can always respond to them.
Flexibility to work remotely approximately 20% of the time
What We Do
Vesper (www.vespermems.com) is the leader in the high growth MEMS microphone market. Using our cutting-edge, proprietary piezoelectric MEMS technology, we have pioneered a new class of voice interface devices. From the world’s first and most robust Piezoelectric microphone to the most power efficient ZeroPower ListeningTM technology for battery operated devices, Vesper is leading the innovations in audio sensors to enable a voice powered feature. Despite rapidly growing product portfolio and strategic backup from some of the world’s best technological companies, we strive to foster innovation by providing a nimble, friendly and collaborative environment for employees. We have a fun, energetic culture, and offer a competitive salary and attractive stock option package.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Product Engineer to join our Boston team. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and Operations, the Sr. Product Engineer will be primarily responsible for managing new product development processes and bringing products from conception to production release through Vesper’s Phase Gate process.
Sr. Product Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage reliability test plans for new products, including look-ahead reliability studies during prototyping phase and full qualification during release to production phase
- Develop and execute characterization plans for new products
- Define production test limit and datasheet specifications based on characterization data
- Define and execute reliability test plans for look-ahead reliability studies during prototype phase of product development
- Develop and document procedures for advanced reliability tests, such as deep-water immersion, dust testing, etc.
- Work with Applications Engineering on customer related Issues.
- Responsible for driving failure analysis and root cause determination of piezoelectric MEMS microphones utilizing outside FA vendors
- Lead failure analysis investigations using structure problem-solving methods to engage a cross-functional team to diagnose, resolve, and prevent future problems
Sr. Product Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Acoustics Engineering, or similar degree
- 5+ years’ product and/or failure analysis experience in semiconductor industry; MEMS experience preferred
- Knowledge of common failure analysis techniques and tools including sample preparation, FIB/SEM, X-Ray, cross sectioning, emission microscopy, OBIRCH/XIVA and material analysis EDX/FTIR/Auger/Raman spectroscopy
- Strong competence in analog circuits and systems, acoustics and/or MEMS devices
- Hands-on experience in a lab environment evaluating/characterizing acoustic devices
- Hands-on experience executing and analyzing measurement systems analysis of production test systems, including gage R&R studies
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods (such as 8D)
- Experience with design of experiments, and statistics for manufacturing engineering
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as JMP, Minitab, etc.
- Programming experience, such as Matlab, Python, JSL, Labview, a plus
- Team player with good communication skills and fluency in English
- Rare travel on occasion
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Applicants, as well as position incumbents, who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Vesper Technologies, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Vesper Technologies, Inc. discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.