- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Technology
- Post Date: 05/12/2022
- Website: tive.co
- Company Address: 56 Roland St, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, US
About TiveTive in-transit visibility solutions help shipping and logistics professionals manage their shipments and eliminate preventable delays and damage.
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
As a Data Scientist at Tive, you will use your considerable experience and industry knowledge to exceed customers' expectations while helping lead Tive into its next phase of growth.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Prior industry data science experience,
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to validate results and turn them into actionable business insights,
- Experience with the entire life cycle of a data science project, from proof of concept development to production,
- Strong Python and SQL skills,
- Knowledge of a wide range of supervised and unsupervised algorithms,
- Experience in a multi-dimensional data environment,
- Hands on experience running ML algorithms in AWS or similar cloud technologies,
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills,
- Experience with geo-spatial and/or time series data,
- Experience working with large, streaming datasets,
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum,
- Prior experience building forecasting models from multivariate data,
- Bayesian analysis skills, and
- An advanced degree or work experience equivalent in computer science/mathematics/physics or related technical field.
What you'll be doing:
- You will use the massive geo-spatial data sets that Tive collects every day, and turn them into actionable insights for our customers.
- You will use machine learning and statistics, and build predictive models aimed at ensuring that every shipment sent with Tive arrives on time and in full.
- You will use your relationship skills to build and strengthen cross functional relationships, including those with remote workers in other time zones.
- You will be working with a world class team at a fast growing company that aims to make this the best place you’ve ever worked.
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.