- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: modulate.ai
- Company Address: 245 Main St, c/o Modulate, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA, 02142
- Salary Range: $125,000 - $150,000
About ModulateBoston-based startup using machine learning to make voice completely customizable.
We are looking for talented engineers who can employ their technical skills in speech processing, natural language processing, and machine learning to help us develop more sophisticated models of voice chat audio in order to better detect online harms.
Combining signals from transcription, emotion, demographics, and other models evaluating multi-participant conversations, the scoring system is at the heart of ToxMod's ability to understand when harm is occurring, categorize it, and escalate it to moderators.
The salary for this position is set at $125,000/yr or $150,000/yr for the Senior role
To avoid losing progress on your application, please feel free to complete responses separately in a local or cloud-saved document. If you encounter an error, any responses entered in the fields on the application will not be saved.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Train and improve deep learning models that classify signals of toxic behavior using State-of-the-Art techniques.
- Build robust in-domain datasets and analyze model performance in order to deploy models to customers.
- Develop novel scoring algorithms and improve existing ones using model signals to more accurately evaluate the risk of harm in voice chat conversations.
- Develop tools to evaluate scoring algorithms on representative production data, allowing us to reliably ship model updates to existing customers.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will also:
- Design, spec, estimate timelines for, and deliver machine learning project/objectives
- Own research directions or models important to overall company objectives
- Mentor other engineers and act as a resource capable of discussing / representing machine learning at Modulate to other members of the team
- Experience building deep neural networks with modern machine learning frameworks and tools, such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience with Data Science
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience collaborating on a codebase with a team using version control tools like git
NOTE for the questions "Your fit for the role", "Your values/goals", and "Why Modulate?" on the following form:
Please avoid disclosing any details which would directly reveal your race, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other protected demographic status. We are only looking for information which directly relates to your ability to succeed in the given role. (For this same reason, resumes will not be viewed during the initial steps of the hiring process, as it’s been shown that resumes often lead to strong biases in hiring processes. If you feel that elements of your resume directly correspond to the questions below, though, feel free to copy them in.)
Powered by VentureLoop- Partner Company Sign In