- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: machinemetrics.com
- Company Address: 47 Pleasant St, Suite 2-S, Northampton, MA 01060
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About MachineMetricsMachineMetrics is manufacturing’s first Industrial IoT Platform for Machines. We transform analytics into action through universal machine connectivity, cloud data Infrastructure, and communication workflows that optimize machine operation.
MachineMetrics, a leader in IoT platforms for machines, is seeking a Field Connectivity Engineer to join their Connectivity Team. The Connectivity team is responsible for making sure that our customers quickly get the data from our product through installing machine connections and through providing remote technical guidance. There is significant opportunity in this position to design best practices that impact the entire company.
The Field Connectivity Engineer reports to the Director of Technical Services and is focused on helping our customers achieve initial value from their subscription through on site installation of connectivity hardware and through remote assistance to customers who use internal assets to perform self installation. This position combines skills used by Applications Engineers and Field Service Technicians to assist in post installation connectivity related technical issue resolution through guided problem solving, as well as capture technical lessons learned through editing and writing Knowledge Base articles, and working across teams to achieve strategic business goals and objectives. The ideal individual displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within a scaling startup.
As a part of our Connectivity team, you’re already comfortable with machines in manufacturing (CNC metalworking, stamping and fabrication, and plastics injection molding equipment ) and understand how machine operators interact with them. You love to travel (50 - 75%+) and have easy access to an international airport.
In this position, you’ll have a significant opportunity to rapidly gain experience and support the growth of the team. We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few. Are you ready to learn more?
What you’ll do:
- Be a Champion of our Core Values.
- Travel onsite to the customers’ location, discuss connectivity plans/expectations at all levels within the organization (50-75%+)
- Review server installation and networking (setting up their server/gateway, IP addresses, wifi credentials, etc)
- Connect machine-control circuitry with data-monitoring equipment; reference electrical schematics; solve circuit-related problems.
- Serve as a technical resource for customers who choose a self installation option
- Assist with customer technical support inquiries (phone and/or e-mail, Zendesk) including troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Document both customer-specific and generic (standard) machine connections from previous onsite visits to help with future remote or onsite troubleshooting
- Partner with Customer Success and Product team to streamline the connectivity process and improve customer document usability
- Test and research new hardware to improve connectivity process
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation, and customer relations
What You’ll Have:
This position requires between two to three weeks a month of travel (approximately 50 - 75%) to various locations, sometimes with short notice.
You'll need a valid driver’s license, cell phone, passport, ability to travel without restriction, reliable transportation, and be a US citizen.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Intermediate to advanced electrical background (certifications are a plus but not required)
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally on short notice
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Basic IT and networking experience
- Intermediate competency with MS Office software, browsers, password managers, various webapps
- Experience and knowledge of PLC controls and CNC equipment a plus
- Prior documentation experience, creating customer-facing and/or internal documents (good spelling/grammar, basic formatting skills, basic schematics)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive, regularly benchmarked salary,
- Meaningful stock options,
- Full suite of medical and wellness benefits, including comprehensive EAP,
- On-going opportunities for learning and career development, including access to our learning library,
- Time off allowances for training and career development, volunteer work and regular Wellness Days, in addition to generous Paid Time Off and company holidays,
- Biweekly work-from-home stipend and the freedom to spend it on your set up or WFH needs however you see fit,
- The ability to learn directly from a seasoned professional in your expertise to further grow your career.
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data.
Our industry 4.0-ready solutions work out-of-the-box to increase productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, deep manufacturing analytics, and AI-driven predictive capabilities. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
We welcome people with all industry backgrounds: automotive, mechanical engineering, electrical, heavy equipment to name a few.
MachineMetrics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate it and allow it to enrich our people, our products and our community. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.