- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 09/14/2023
- Website: electravehicles.com
- Company Address: Mobile Innovation Space, 110 K St., Suite 330, Boston, MA 02127, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Electra VehiclesElectra Vehicles is an industry leader in AI software for improved battery lifetime, range, and safety. Electra offers active embedded battery pack controls, electric fleet analytics, and design simulation software to address the challenges behind electrification in the automotive industry and beyond.
Electra is committed to accelerating the world's transition to electrification, driving sustainability, and fostering eco-friendly innovation. We aim to be the brainpower behind tomorrow’s battery management systems by utilizing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to design, analyze and control optimized electric drivetrains. Our Focus is on the automotive industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management, and analytics. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed in the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid, and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Series A and are now scaling the organization to develop and meet our customer's overwhelming demand for our technology! We launched our European headquarters in Turin, Italy in order to leverage the excellence in automotive technology available locally and to develop and grow our business throughout the European Community. Our team is rapidly growing, and that is why we need you!
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this position.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be tasked with building our embedded software and integrating it into cutting-edge hardware. You will troubleshoot and debug the integration, as well as assist in the deployment of the full systems to our customers. You should see yourself as a generalist software engineer. While your primary responsibility will be embedded software, you should be comfortable learning and contributing quickly to cloud software, UI/UX, and modeling.
- Building, integrating, and troubleshooting software running on embedded hardware targets
- Profiling MIPS and memory consumption for embedded software
- Working with researchers to integrate their latest modeling systems into embedded code
- Designing the architecture for embedded software and how it communicates with other components of the product
- Communicating with customers/partners/suppliers on software requirements and architecture
- Helping develop systematic software engineering practices such as code reviews, design reviews, unit tests, module tests, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience developing and deploying embedded software in production in a corporate setting
- 5+ years of experience working on leading processor chips from companies like NXP, Qualcomm, Infineon, etc.
- 5+ years of experience developing embedded code in C/C++
- Experience working with software tools like Jira, BitBucket/Git, Confluence, etc.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or higher
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Python & Simulink
- Experience with Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) compliance standards
- Experience with embedded operating systems: AUTOSAR, QNX, Linux, Android
- Experience working with AWS IoT tools and cloud products (Greengrass, Kinesis/Firehose, Athena, S3, etc.)
- Experience working in the automotive industry
Why join Electra Vehicles?
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize energy storage!
- Backed by top-tier investors such as Stellantis & Blackberry
- Mold the culture and journey of a growing organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity options for all employees
- 33 Paid personal leave days
- 10 Paid federal holidays
- Employee micro-bonus program
- MacBook or Windows PC, you choose!
- Remote-first culture
Do you meet most, but not all, of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to still apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Electra Vehicles is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a workplace of mutual respect and an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken, or veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are a qualified candidate with a disability and need assistance with the recruitment process, please submit this FORM and we will work with you to provide a reasonable accommodation to facilitate your application. This form is only visible to Electra Vehicle’s people team.