- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: AI/ML
- Post Date: 09/14/2023
- Website: elucidata.io
- Company Address: 625 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA - 02139
About ElucidataDelivering ML-ready biomedical molecular data.
Elucidata’s mission is to power drug discovery by harnessing the power of structured and unstructured biomedical data. Our state-of-the-art technology transforms data so that it is analysis-ready. Biomedical data is vast but unstandardized, hence it remains underutilized. Or as we say available is not usable. Our platform, Polly, has been used to discover therapeutic assets with high odds of success in oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases and more.
We have worked with over 50 partners spanning industry and academia including premier biopharma companies like Pfizer, Eli Lilly, and Genentech; and leading academic labs at Stanford, Yale, MIT, and UCLA.
As a part of the Product and Technology team, you will get an opportunity to work on problems at the intersection of drug discovery, heterogeneous biomedical data. You will be working with scientists and engineers to help make structured and unstructured biomedical data useful.
Job and Career Level
Job Track Description:
- Be accountable for R&D for bioinformatics and computational Biology and custodian for the data that is available on Polly.
- Subject matter expert for R&D in bioinformatics and computational Biology.
- Primary custodian for the processing pipelines and data that is available on Elucidata platform.
- Take, defend and communicate scientific queries and vision to the organization and externally
- Phd (with 2-4 years experience) or MS (with 5-7 years experience) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related fields.
- Working knowledge of Programming languages such as Python, R, and/or Perl and extensive libraries (e.g, NumPy, Pandas, BioPython, Scanpy, seurat).
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash. Familiarity with version control systems like Git.
- Proficiency in working with databases and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Should be familiar with public databases such as GEO, SCP, ArrayExpress, TCGA, CBioPortal, Lincs, GTXe etc.
- Proficient in working with large-scale biological datasets, including data manipulation, transformation, cleaning, and analysis. Experience with tools and libraries for data analysis and manipulation, such as NumPy, Pandas, and dplyr, is crucial.
- Transfer algorithms to production teams and provide scientific support for updates and maintenance.
- Experience in high-content data visualization/analysis and result presentations
- Use your understanding of biological problem statements and multi-omics data to present compelling scientific presentations and develop solutions on the product. Applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured big data.
- Innovate to implement new tools and pipelines, improve existing pipelines and algorithms for multi-omics biological data analysis and visualization.
- Develop and optimize computational workflows for data preprocessing, quality control, normalization, statistical analysis, and visualization or different types of omics as well as non-omics data.
- Analyze multi-omics (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics (single cell and bulk) etc) biological data to derive relevant insights using state-of-the-art statistical methods.
- Improve the understanding of biological systems and diseases and accelerate drug discovery using machine learning and AI.
- Ability to communicate technical results to a non-technical audience. Be responsible for technical documentation and communicate updates across multiple functions in the organization.
- Experience in leading bioinformatics projects, mentoring junior team members, and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with account managers to nurture and grow accounts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adept at working in interdisciplinary scientific teams
What would make you successful at Elucidata?
- Founders mentality (Sense of Purpose, Self-Drive, Decisiveness, Ownership)
- Learning Mindset (Collaboration, Empowerment, Experimentation, Openness to feedback)
- Care for People (Empathy, Humility, Transparency)