- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 09/14/2023
- Website: electravehicles.com
- Company Address: Mobile Innovation Space, 110 K St., Suite 330, Boston, MA 02127, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Electra VehiclesElectra Vehicles is an industry leader in AI software for improved battery lifetime, range, and safety. Electra offers active embedded battery pack controls, electric fleet analytics, and design simulation software to address the challenges behind electrification in the automotive industry and beyond.
Electra is committed to accelerating the world's transition to electrification, driving sustainability, and fostering eco-friendly innovation. We aim to be the brainpower behind tomorrow’s battery management systems by utilizing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to design, analyze and control optimized electric drivetrains. Our Focus is on the automotive industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management, and analytics. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed in the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid, and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Series A and are now scaling the organization to develop and meet our customer's overwhelming demand for our technology! We launched our European headquarters in Turin, Italy in order to leverage the excellence in automotive technology available locally and to develop and grow our business throughout the European Community. Our team is rapidly growing, and that is why we need you!
Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this position.
As a Data Scientist for Electra Vehicles, you will be developing software with various coding platforms. This individual will be working alongside the rest of Electra’s Technical Team to build and refine our electric vehicle battery pack software solutions to serve our customers.
- Using collected data from Electra partners, apply advanced statistical models and machine learning to extract and refine models such as:
- Anticipated power demand throughout an active driving cycle using route planning data
- Optimized driving velocity throughout an active driving cycle to maximize driving efficiency & battery life
- Optimal cell core temperature to minimize DC fast charge time
- Optimal current & timing for overnight charging to reduce electricity cost, extend battery life
- Support in the collection & cleaning of data for model training
- Explore novel machine-learning techniques to improve the performance of the adaptive models
- Support documentation pertaining to modeling techniques and deployment
- Develop visualization tools for geospatial and temporal datasets
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist working with software systems
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a related field (e.g., CS, Operations Research, Software Engineering, Statistics)
- Strong programming skills with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in data analysis, modeling, and web services in Python
- Proficiency in SQL relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with statistical data analysis and machine learning such as linear models, time-series forecasting, or neural networks
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about sustainable transportation and innovations within the field
- A strong understanding of systems engineering for EV and mobility applications
- Experience with Agile project development & management
- Interest in product strategy and management to plan future development
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams
Why join Electra Vehicles?
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize energy storage!
- Backed by top-tier investors such as Stellantis & Blackberry
- Mold the culture and journey of a growing organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity options for all employees
- 33 Paid personal leave days
- 10 Paid federal holidays
- Employee micro-bonus program
- MacBook or Windows PC, you choose!
- Remote-first culture
Do you meet most, but not all, of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to still apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Electra Vehicles is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a workplace of mutual respect and an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken, or veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are a qualified candidate with a disability and need assistance with the recruitment process, please submit this FORM and we will work with you to provide a reasonable accommodation to facilitate your application. This form is only visible to Electra Vehicle’s people team.