- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 09/14/2023
- Website: electravehicles.com
- Company Address: Mobile Innovation Space, 110 K St., Suite 330, Boston, MA 02127, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Electra VehiclesElectra Vehicles is an industry leader in AI software for improved battery lifetime, range, and safety. Electra offers active embedded battery pack controls, electric fleet analytics, and design simulation software to address the challenges behind electrification in the automotive industry and beyond.
Electra is committed to accelerating the world's transition to electrification, driving sustainability, and fostering eco-friendly innovation. We aim to be the brainpower behind tomorrow’s battery management systems by utilizing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to design, analyze and control optimized electric drivetrains. Our Focus is on the automotive industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management, and analytics. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed in the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid, and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Series A and are now scaling the organization to develop and meet our customer's overwhelming demand for our technology. Our team is rapidly growing, and that is why we need you!
As the Senior Product Manager, you will oversee the development and management of our products throughout their lifecycle. You will work in a cross-functional capacity with the Engineering, R&D, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure the successful execution of our product strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, prioritize features, and document product requirements.
- Lead the product development process, including defining user stories, creating wireframes, and work closely with the R&D and Engineering teams.
- Prioritize and deprioritize features as needed to ensure timely and high-quality product releases.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and ensure that our products remain competitive and aligned with industry trends
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales teams to develop go-to-market strategies, positioning, and messaging and to collect customer feedback
- Work with the Executive team to translate business strategies into product strategies and roadmaps
- Analyze user feedback, usage data, and metrics to improve our offerings continuously
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in product management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or other scientific/technical disciplines
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, product development, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in automotive software product development, ideally as a product manager
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS software and its implications for automotive product development
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle and experience managing products from ideation to launch and beyond
- Proven track record of delivering successful automotive products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Passion for technology and the ability to quickly learn and understand complex technical concepts within the automotive industry and cloud SaaS software space
- Deep experience with the use of Jira and associated packages like R4J
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of UX/UI design principles and experience working closely with design teams in the automotive sector and cloud SaaS software space
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with customer research methodologies specific to the automotive industry, including surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Understanding of data analytics and the ability to derive insights from user behavior and product metrics for automotive products and cloud SaaS software
Why join Electra Vehicles?
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize energy storage!
- Backed by top-tier investors such as Stellantis & Blackberry
- Mold the culture and journey of a growing organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity options for all employees
- Flexible PTO (Unlimited vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick days)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching
- Employee micro-bonus program
- MacBook or Windows PC, you choose!
- Remote-first culture
Do you meet most, but not all, of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to still apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Electra Vehicles is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a workplace of mutual respect and an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken, or veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are a qualified candidate with a disability and need assistance with the recruitment process, please submit this FORM and we will work with you to provide a reasonable accommodation to facilitate your application. This form is only visible to Electra Vehicle’s people team.