- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 02/07/2024
- Website: www.livebutlr.com
- Company Address: , Burlingame, CA 94010, US
About ButlrButlr is the world’s first and only 100% anonymous people sensing and occupancy detection platform that helps enterprises all over the world improve their workplace planning and optimize their operations. Using just body heat and advanced AI technologies, Butlr understands presence and traffic without capturing any identities—ever.
Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space that are never really occupied.
Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. To do so, we have developed our People Sensing Platform which anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors. Through our novel technology, we deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. Our mission is backed by some of the strongest leaders in the industry, such as Qualcomm Ventures, Tiger Global, Carrier, and Ray Stata, co-founder of Analog Devices. We proudly serve dozens of fortune 500 companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing rapidly per year, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team and work with us towards our mission to make the built environment people-aware!
About the Job:
As we rapidly improve and add features to our core data pipeline, we’ll need your help to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of critical systems and services. You'll play a pivotal role in minimizing downtime, improving user experience, and driving business success. Your responsibilities include automating processes to reduce manual intervention, monitoring system health to proactively address issues, and collaborating with development teams to optimize code for performance and scalability.
- Lead the site reliability practices for this team, and as the first SRE to join, for the whole organization.
- Contribute to increased customer satisfaction, reduced operational costs, and the ability to launch new features and services faster.
- Standardize IoC across the company, making it easier for teams to create, deploy and manage applications
- Define and implement SLOs for critical services, allowing the team to measure and manage service reliability against user expectations.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/functional language: Python, Bash, C
- Experience in container based architectures: Kubernetes, ECS, Docker
- Experience using and building in at least one of the following: Helm, Terraform
- 3+ years in software development
- CI/CD development experience and associated technologies
- Preferred: Proficiency in at least one OO language: C++, Java, GO
- Preferred: Experience in microservice messaging: Kafka, MQTT, Kinesis, SNS
- Preferred: Experience in large data systems
- Preferred: Experience in IoT
Cambridge, MA or remote
- World class team with low egos
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe
- A flexible work environment
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance culture and encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.