- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 02/07/2024
- Website: www.livebutlr.com
- Company Address: , Burlingame, CA 94010, US
About ButlrButlr is the world’s first and only 100% anonymous people sensing and occupancy detection platform that helps enterprises all over the world improve their workplace planning and optimize their operations. Using just body heat and advanced AI technologies, Butlr understands presence and traffic without capturing any identities—ever.
Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. We live and work in houses and buildings that aren't aware of their inhabitants. We heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space. Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Butlr's People Sensing Platform anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors to deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. We are operating in three of the FANG companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing considerably yearly, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team to help us continue our growth.
About the Role:
The Butlr system is used in Commercial Real Estate and Senior Living Applications. As we rapidly improve and add features to the system we need to develop a system that scales with our organization. Some projects include establishing a tracking system, growing a continuous hardware testing lab for ongoing software releases, and developing new automation methods to improve the quality of all of our products. You will work with the Lead Systems Engineer to define and own our goals to build out the team even further.
- Hands on Hardware experience - you have owned the design of proof-of-concept prototypes for testing of hardware and software systems
- Experience working on the system-level definition, development, implementation, integration, and launch of multi-disciplinary testbeds
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/functional language: Python, Bash, C
- 2-4 years of relevant experience working for a hardware company
- Experience in writing test specifications
- Lifelong learning mentality
- You take responsibility for failures
- You think about things with respect to the point of view of other people
- You take ownership of issues or problems and resolve them.
- You take pride in obtaining a high quality of work and improving the quality of the products a company is making.
- Experience in IoT
- Interface with business leaders and provide direction and guidance for technology road maps and present technical results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work on system-level definition, development, implementation, integration, and launch of multi-disciplinary testbeds to address design concerns and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with users and other stakeholders to formalize their needs and maintain formal systems for translating and maintaining the corresponding requirements.
- Manage the integration and verification of subsystems in accordance with program requirements and design. Own the validation of the system against customer requirements.
- Develop key strategic industrial relationships with potential partners, vendors, and licensees and lead the market outreach that generates feedback to guide technology development.
- Proactively determine and manage other sources of systems requirements (e.g. regulatory standards, risk management processes, relevant industry standards, and business requirements) throughout the system lifecycle, engaging subsystem teams as needed.
- Manage and raise critical issues to resolve conflicts and minimize impact to program (cost, time, and financial performance).
- Specify, develop and build electro-mechanical prototypes.
- Perform deterministic and stochastic analysis and modeling at the system and component level.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Salary: $110,000-160,000 base salary with a signing bonus plus equity
- World-class team with low ego.
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.