- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Data & Analytics
- Post Date: 02/07/2024
- Website: electravehicles.com
- Company Address: Mobile Innovation Space, 110 K St., Suite 330, Boston, MA 02127, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Electra VehiclesLeveraging Ai and battery science to maximize the safety, health, and lifetime performance of battery systems.
Electra is committed to accelerating the world's transition to electrification, driving sustainability, and fostering eco-friendly innovation. We aim to be the brainpower behind tomorrow’s battery management systems by utilizing advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to design, analyze, and control optimized electric drivetrains. Our Focus is on the automotive industry, particularly electric vehicle manufacturing, EV battery software, connected mobility, fleet management, and analytics. Although we are currently focusing on the Automotive sector, Electra's technology can be deployed in the Aerospace, Robotics, Grid, and other industries that are rapidly transitioning into clean energy.
We have recently completed our Series A and are now scaling the organization to develop and meet our customer's overwhelming demand for our technology. Our team is rapidly growing, and that is why we need you!
Electra is looking for a future leader who has industry or research experience developing, testing, and producing innovative control methods for energy storage systems to improve system performance. In addition to completing his or her own technical development tasks, this individual should be capable of creating development timelines and milestones, with tasks delegated throughout the Electra technical team as needed.
- Responsible for developing adaptive control strategies for electric vehicle energy storage system
- Lead the R&D for AI-aided smart energy storage control system EVE.AiTM for individual & fleet energy management
- Develop control case scenarios and optimization algorithms for different vehicle charging and driving conditions
- Synthesize real-world traffic data and energy-efficient routing for EVs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters of Science or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Expert with adaptive control algorithms
- Energy storage systems application experience
- Controls simulation and testing experience
- Software simulation through desktop analyses
- Hardware simulation via bench prototypes
- Python modeling expertise
- Machine learning and reinforcement learning experience, as well as robust optimization knowledge
- Key areas of interest include optimal learning, model predictive controls, neural networks, probabilistic machine learning
- Battery modeling experience
Why join Electra Vehicles?
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize energy storage!
- Backed by top-tier investors such as Stellantis & Blackberry
- Mold the culture and journey of a growing organization
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity options for all employees
- Flexible PTO (Unlimited vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick days)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k with matching
- Employee micro-bonus program
- MacBook or Windows PC, you choose!
- Remote-first culture
Do you meet most, but not all, of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to still apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Electra Vehicles is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a workplace of mutual respect and an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, color, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken, or veteran status. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are a qualified candidate with a disability and need assistance with the recruitment process, please submit this FORM and we will work with you to provide a reasonable accommodation to facilitate your application. This form is only visible to Electra Vehicle’s people team.